Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"Que Pasa?" by Juanes.

What does it mean? Taking this class has opened my eyes to the world around me. So much that is going on around us but sometimes we are too caught up with our own little problems tha we miss out on the big picture. Our world is in trouble and a lot of us are doing nothing. This song expresses feelings of frustration. One man asking " What is happening?". What is happening to our world? Have we gone mad? Why are we killing each other? Why are we destroying the earth? Why is there no peace? Why do we not care? One of the things he says is " I just do not understand it." I find myself in a similar position asking the same questions. I asked myself why am i just sitting here letting it all happen? After realizing the I can do something about it, I started to. I hope this video will serve as a wake up call to whoever sees it. That something is not right in the way we are living. That we may be in peril. Most importantly, that we can change it. I believe the power is in our hands, it's our decision to wield it or not. Thank you to Juanes for writing this song and giving hope a voice. I hope we all do our part and I hope change is near.

No comments: